Stay cool this summer with these fun fruit fans.
1. Cut two pieces of construction paper in half across the shortest distance. You will end up with four pieces of paper, but will only need three.
2. Decorate your fan! Here are some ideas:
To make a grapefruit, make the fan out of pink paper. Glue an orange strip of paper across the long sides of the three pieces of paper.
To make a lime or lemon slice, use green or yellow paper. Colour the peel onto the long sides of the three pieces of paper.
To make a watermelon slice, use pink paper. Then glue strips of green construction paper along the long side of the three pieces of paper. Colour black seeds onto the pink paper.
3. Once you’ve decorated your paper, it’s time to fold! Accordion fold each of your three pieces of paper, folding from the short side of the piece of paper.
4. Glue or staple the three pieces of paper together so that they make one long accordion-folded piece of paper. Let dry.
5. Squeeze the paper together so the folds are all compressed. Loop and elastic around the end of the fan tightly enough to secure it. Release, and enjoy your fan!
Inspired by Red Ted Art: https://www.redtedart.com/diy-paper-fan-melon-fans/