Did you know that most wool comes from sheep? Many hobbies use wool yarn to create something new! Knitters, crocheters, and weavers can all use yarn for their hobby. They can create things like blankets, mittens, and socks from the wool yarn. Cozy! This craft uses yarn (you can use wool yarn!) to create a sheep pom-pom.
*You will be using scissors and a hot glue gun. Ask a parent for help and supervision!
Yarn (black or grey)
Hot glue gun
Draw two circles on the piece of cardboard. Then, draw two smaller circles inside the bigger circles. Hint: Use something round like the bottom of a cup to trace to make sure the circles are the same size.
2. Wrap yarn around the overlapped cardboard rings until they're completely covered.
3. Use your scissors to cut the yarn along the edge of the rings all the way around. Then, gently slide the cardboard rings apart so you can see the middle of the yarn bunch.
4. Use a piece of yard to tightly tie around the middle of the yarn bunch, between the two cardboard rings.
5. Slide off the rings and fluff up the yarn so it makes a ball shape. You've made a pom-pom!
6. Cut an oval out of black felt for the sheep's face. Cut out shapes for the sheep's ears and feet.
7. Use the hot glue gun to attach the face, feet, and ears to the pom-pom. Add googly eyes to the face. Let dry.
8. You now have a sheep pom-pom! If you tried this craft, share it with us on social media!
Some wool facts:
Wool can keep you warm even if it gets damp
Wool has been used to make human clothes since the stone-ages
Wool is used to fill the inside of baseballs. It helps absorb the shock of being hit by a bat so that the ball doesn't crack.